Lower DelMarVa Family Album

Images of the People and Places in Our Family Histories

155 files in 4 albums with 0 comments viewed 140 times
Somerset County


som.gif

66 files, last one added on Nov 28, 2014
Album viewed 528 times

Wicomico County


wic1877.jpg

88 files, last one added on Dec 28, 2015
Album viewed 813 times

Worcester County



0 files
Album viewed 0 times

4 albums on 2 page(s) 1

Random files
almodington.jpg
almodington.jpgAlmodington Advertisement0 viewsAlmodington is an estate on Deal Island Road in the Manokin Historic District at the mouth of the Manokin River. It is the oldest house in that area, having been built by Col. Arnold Elzey in 1745. It is believed that the original 1,000-acre tract upon which Almodington would come to sit was granted to John Elzey by the king himself. Elzey was a British loyalist empowered to administer to new settlers the oath of allegiance to the British crown.
lowershore-1844.jpg
lowershore-1844.jpgLower Shore Map 18441 views
lowershore-1882.jpg
lowershore-1882.jpgLower Shore Map, 18820 views
ct2002.jpg
ct2002.jpgCemTrek 20020 viewsHere they are standing in front of the Green Hill Church 4 Aug 2002. The CemTrekkers, shown left to right, are: Lindsey VanAssche, Shari Handley, Roy Lesher, Leah Handley, Paul Willing, Ralph Willing, Joyce Crouch and Ted Lokey. Another unbelievably hot CemTrek day. Actually, it would be *more* unbelievable if it were cool, I guess.
sharpspt.jpg
sharpspt.jpgA Scene Near Sharps Point on the Wicomico River1 viewsSharps Point is on the south bank of the Wicomico River, just across from the Pemberton Historical Park.
bcapiersharptown.jpg
bcapiersharptown.jpgB. C. & A. Pier at Sharptown around 19191 viewsThe steamer Tangier is shown at the wharf in Sharptown, with wagons lined up ready to fill the steamer up with their loads of watermelons.
MD_Salisbury_RRDepot.jpg
MD_Salisbury_RRDepot.jpgSalisbury Train Station1 viewsObviously, this is a different depot than that which was built in 1915. This one likely pre-dates that one, and this view was probably taken around 1900.
reads-mainanddivision-salisbury.jpg
reads-mainanddivision-salisbury.jpgRead's Drug Store1 viewsRead's Drugs, in downtown Salisbury, in about 1940.

Last additions
jacksonsmill-sby.jpg
jacksonsmill-sby.jpgJackson's Mill0 viewsThis view, taken before 1912, shows the Jackson Mill, where wooden shipping boxes were manufactured.Dec 28, 2015
mainsteastfromdockst.jpg
mainsteastfromdockst.jpgSalisbury0 viewsMain Street looking east from Dock Street, 1916Dec 28, 2015
wicorivernitepostcard~0.jpg
wicorivernitepostcard~0.jpgMoonlight Scene on the Wicomico River3 viewsThe vessel shown in this picture is the Baltimore, Chesapeake and Atlantic Railway Company's steamer "Virginia". She was built in 1903 and plied the water from Baltimore to Salisbury three days each week until 1924.Dec 28, 2015
a1-titlepage~0.jpg
a1-titlepage~0.jpg0 viewsDec 06, 2014
sudlersconclusion.jpg
sudlersconclusion.jpgSudler's Conclusion1 viewsThe exact age is not known, but historians generally agree that this home was built between 1700-1725, with a 2-story addition in 1840. It is one of the oldest houses still standing on the Lower Eastern Shore. Sudler's Conclusion was the name Thomas Seon Sudler attached to the 419 acres on Back Creek near Manokin that he had resurveyed under one name in 1789 from 5 tracts which had been patented as early as 1665. His grandfather, Thomas Seon, assembled extensive holdings between Back Creek and the Annemessex River beginning with the purchase of a 100-acre portion of Barnaby's Lott in 1747. It is presumed that this home was already standing on the land at that time.Nov 28, 2014
eastewart.jpg
eastewart.jpgElizabeth Anne Stewart1 viewsElizabeth Anne Stewart was born in Somerset County, MD in 1790. She married into the prominent Sudler family of Somerset County, becoming the wife of Tubman Waters "Tubby" Sudler on November 5, 1817. She died in 1863, and was buried at the family's estate, Sudler's Conclusion on Back Creek near Manokin. Nov 28, 2014
whitehavenhoteltoday.jpg
whitehavenhoteltoday.jpgWhite Haven Hotel1 viewsThis is what the White Haven Hotel looks like today, completely restored and operating as a bed-and-breakfast.Nov 26, 2014
wicosheriffwwlarmore-1907-1909.jpg
wicosheriffwwlarmore-1907-1909.jpgWicomico Sheriff W. W. Larmore1 viewsSheriff Larmore, pictured here with his officers, served from 1907-1909.Nov 26, 2014